Nashville Predators 3, Carolina Hurricanes 4
The Nashville Predators didn't bring their A game tonight. The score would say that it was close, but wasn't really. Penalties were costly as the Preds took six penalties. The Carolina Hurricanes took advantage of their chances by scoring twice on the power play. Truly bad game by the Predators and they need to erase it from their minds. Time to get prepared for a road game against the Florida Panthers. No disrespect to them, but Nashville has to burry them.
Included: Stats, Roster Report, Summary, News Stories, Stars of the Game, and Highlights.
Line Up Report
|#39 Anders Lindback||29||33||.879||L||58:48|
|#30 Cam Ward||26||29||.897||W||60:00|
Predators' Scratches: #18 W Brandon Yip, #8 D Kevin Klein (Undisclosed), #49 D Ryan Ellis and #28 C Paul Gaustad (Upper-Body)
Hurricanes' Scratches: #15 W Tuomo Ruutu (Upper Body), #39 W Patrick Dwyer and #59 W Chad LaRose (Upper Body)
Period By Period Summary
- 2:42 in, Craig Smith scored the first goal in the game. Traffic was on the right side of Cam Ward and Smith was on the left side waiting. The puck came to Smith and he scored to make it 1-0 Predators.
- Around 7:00 in, The Hurricanes responded very well to the Craig Smith goal. They were putting a great attack on, but couldn't beat Anders Lindback.
- 9:16 in, Jack Hillen was called for holding the stick. Hillen held Jeff Skinner's stick. Fortunately, the penalty was killed off.
- 19:00 in, David Legwand received a minor for high-sticking. That gave the 'Canes their 2nd PP of the night. The penalty would carry over to the 2nd Period.
- The 1st Period ended, 1-0 Nashville and the shot total was in favor of the Hurricanes though, 13-8.
- :55 in, the Nashville Predators were called for two many men on the ice. Colin Wilson served the penalty. That gave Carolina 5 seconds on the 5 on 3.
- Legwand's penalty was killed off as the 'Canes were able to get two shots on net in 5 seconds!
- Colin Wilson came out of the box and the Hurricanes failed to score on three power play attempts.
- 5:17 in, Jamie McBain scored from the right point off Lindback's shoulder to tie the game up, 1-1.
- 12:31 in, Colin Wilson scored off his own rebound. The puck deflected off Ward's arm in to make take the lead back, 2-1 Nashville. Great forechecking set the goal up.
- 12:52 in, newly acquired Andrei Kostitsyn, took a hooking penalty. The call was weak by the way.
- 13:04 in, the Hurricanes tied it up quickly on the power play. Eric Staal knocked the puck into the net after it was deflected over Lindback by Skinner. Score was 2-2.
- 17:13 in, Shea Weber was sent to the box for hooking. Drayson Bowman had a break-away and Legwand had to hook him in order to save a goal.
- 17:24 in, Tim Brent scored on the power play. Brent saw the puck laying in front of Lindback and stuffed it in 5-hole to make it 3-2 Hurricanes.
- 19:21 in, Bryan Allen took a hooking penalty on Martin Erat. Erat was going after the puck and gave him a nice tug to the ice. The penalty would carry over to the 3rd Period
- At the end of the 2nd Period, the Hurricanes were up 3-2. Carolina out-shot Nashville through 2, 26-13.
- 1:28 in, Bryan Allen came out of the box and was sent a pass from Eric Staal. Allen went on a break-away and snapped a shot on the right side of Lindback and scored. That made it 4-2 Hurricanes.
- 2:18 in, Nashville answers back with a goal themselves. Gabriel Bourque scored in front of the net from a pass by Patric Hornqvist. With Ward down and out, Bourque pounded the puck in to make it 4-3 Hurricanes.
- 8:47 in, Patric Hornqvist was shoved into Cam Ward by Eric Staal. Hornqvist was roughed up in front of the net, as usual.
- 8:50 in, Mike Fisher was called for hooking. Didn't see it... The penalty was killed off two minutes later.
- 19:47 in, Anders Lindback was sent to the bench for the extra attacker.
- 19:44 in, Barry Trotz and the Nashville Predators took their Time Out.
- At the end of the game, Mike Fisher (frustrated) was in a scrap with Bryan Allen in front of Ward.
- The game ended with a 4-3 Carolina Hurricanes win. The Hurricanes out-shot the Predators, 33-29.
Andrei Kostitsyn's First Game
Andrei Kostitsyn played his first game with the Nashville Predators tonight. An easily forgettable first game. Andrei didn't play well and was just unapparent. We did see very small glimpses of him though.
I felt that he was very calm and confident with the puck. Also, I wasn't too happy that he wasn't hustling to the puck. Andrei seemed very lazy, but I believe that will change once Trotz is done with him.
The Nashville Predators' plans were altered a bit due to foggy skies. The plan was to hop on a plane and go to Raleigh, but due to extremely foggy skies, they were forced to stay at BNA.
The team was told to go home and get a good night's rest and meet back at the airport at 8 AM. The team was finally able to get a good night's sleep in their own bed.
Meanwhile in Raleigh, North Carolina, Andrei Kostitsyn and Paul Gaustad were "hanging out". I guess hanging out means getting to know each other a bit more.
The Predators reportedly didn't have Morning Skate, and took the day off to rest up for this game. Everything worked out and we saw a hockey game!
Carolina Hurricanes' Players To Watch:
|#12 Eric Stall||1||2|
|#53 Jeff Skinner||0||2|
|#16 Brandon Sutter||0||0|
Goals and Assists of the Game
Craig Smith - Bourque and Halischuk at 2:42 in the 1st
Jamie McBain - Stewart at 5:17 in the 2nd
Colin Wilson - unassisted at 12:31 in the 2nd
PP Eric Staal - Skinner and Jokinen at 13:04 in the 2nd
PP Tim Brent - Skinner and Staal at 17:24 in the 2nd
Bryan Allen - Staal at 1:28 in the 3rd
Gabriel Bourque - Hornqvist and Legwand at 2:18 in the 3rd
My Three Stars of the Game
1. Eric Staal: 1 Goal 2 Assists
2. Gabriel Bourque: Goal & Assist
3. Jeff Skinner: 2 Assists